Whey Protein- Whey protein is important after a workout because it prevents breakdown of muscle tissue which increases fat burning and elevates thyroid function.
Glutamine- What is this? Well, it is an amino acid that our body naturally produces. Under normal conditions our body produces enough of this amino acid but after placing your body under stress such as that of heavy exercise, our body needs help to produce enough for repair. Glutamine boosts immune system function which accelerates recovery after a workout. Glutamine also improves in digestive health.
BCAAs- Branched Chain Amino Acids are considered the essential amino acids and are not produced by the body. We get them through the food we eat- mostly high protein sources. They are essential for decreasing muscle soreness and encouraging burning of visceral (stored) body fat as an energy source.
One great source of all three of these essential post workout nutrients is in the whey protein that I drink. Since my last post about whey protein (you can read it here: Whey Protein) I've tried a few different brands. Maybe it's time for you to buy another container. I highly recommend Super Advanced Whey Protein by Body Fortress. Not only does it contain all three of the post workout nutrients that I described but it tastes great- which says a lot for supplements. It's like drinking chocolate milk made with
rich dark chocolate. I look forward to drinking it down after a heavy workout. Side note- I tried the strawberry flavor and it had a very sweet,
artificial flavor that I didn't like too much. But the chocolate flavor
is delish! Here's a pic:
No comments:
Post a Comment