Friday, September 23, 2011

Week long meal plan

For those of you that have expressed interest in sample meal plans, I'm posting a link to an excellent article that details a shopping list and meal plan that will hold you over for a week.

Last week, I met a girl competing in her first fitness competition (good luck!). I had seen her around the gym and always admired her physique (not in a creepy way! Aside: It's a good idea to have a picture of how you want your physique to look. Some recommend taping a picture of your ideal look to your bathroom mirror so everyday when you see it, it inspires you.)

Anyway, the two of us got to talking and she gave me a couple of tips. One of these tips, that relates to todays post, is to use www.bodybuilder.com. I had checked it out before but thought that it was for, well, uh body builders. After spending more time at the site I've realized that it has a lot of great information for anyone interested in fitness.

The point is, this is where I found the article with sample meal plan. I haven't made the exact meals but the idea is the same. Rather than a batch of ground beef or turkey, as the author suggests, I cook up a batch of chicken breasts. Usually, I cook up about 6 servings of chicken breast seasoned with only salt and pepper. This way, I can add whatever I want to it to give it a different flavor. One day I'll add bbq sauce, another teriyaki sauce, sometimes I like it with mango salsa. If you cook it with just salt and pepper, you can vary the flavor or incorporate it into any dish.

Well, have fun with the article. Be creative with what you have on hand or use her shopping list. Let me know how it works for you!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your-most-efficient-1-week-fit-meal-planner-ever.html

No comments:

Post a Comment