Friday, January 20, 2012

Is it really 2012 already?!?!?!

Wow, have I been slacking with this blog.  It's not that I stopped exercising- more that the holidays hit.  Busy, busy, busy...  Besides, I didn't think you would appreciate me writing this while munching on Christmas cookies.

So here we are almost three months later.  Wow!  Has it been that long already?  I went on my cruise and then quickly transistioned into the holidays.  I guess it's obvious that I didn't stick to my 1500cal diet. 

Just when I had become accustomed to 1500cals I ditched it and now I can't seem to get back into it.  I'm trying but it's been rough.  At least there aren't cookies everywhere I turn anymore. 

Since I have been able to keep up my exercising 4-5 days a week my focus is going to be back on my diet.  I found I really enjoyed the vegetable and lean protein plan.  I'm not against carbs and I do eat them.  But when I do it's always whole grains and they certainly don't constitute much of my diet.  And I find I feel better that way. 

I expect to suffer a little bit these first few weeks.  After everything that I've eaten the last three months- ugh, don't even like to thing about it- my taste buds crave sweet, salty and indulgent. 

Even so I'm ready to feel good again.  If I learned anything from my previous exercise experience it is that- what you eat really makes a difference in how you feel.  Not so much emotionally but physically.  When I'm eating healthfully I have more energy and more interest in keeping with it.  My body also functions better- less tired, less irritable and less bloated (yes, I did just say that lol).

Now that I'm back on track I'll keep you updated as I move forward.  My overall goal is still to lose that stubborn body fat that lurks in certain trouble spots.  I've made a lot of progress but I still want more so here I go...  I'm headed to the grocery store to load up on veggies and lean protein.  Look for me later today at the gym.  I'll be hitting the weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment