Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I did it!

The end of this month will mark 3 months on this fitness craze.  My plan was to stick with it for 3 months and now I've practically arrived at my goal.

First off, I'm proud of myself because I really did the whole 4 days a week of weight lifting.  At first it was tough to cut back on my precious Zumba.  Now I'm used to weight lifting and find myself thinking about when I can get in the next session.

Secondly, I've drank way to much whey protein!  I started with the chocolate flavor.  It was alright.  I just switched to the strawberry flavor and ugh, is it gross.

Lastly, I've noticed some serious changes.  I've definitely toned my body and developed muscles I didn't know I had.  My abs are way more defined (4 pack!)  In general, I'm a lot stronger too.

However, while my body is much leaner, it's definitely not lighter.  Everyone knows that muscle weighs more than fat.  Well, it's true.  One good thing is that I did not gain any weight.  Actually, my weight stayed basically the same.  So I guess that's progress too.  Rather than gain weight with the muscle mass, I stayed the same. I could be content with that.

So where do I go from here?  Well, I'm going to continue weight lifting.  I really love the lean muscle that I've developed.  And I want to maintain it if not continue to improve on it.  But I'm looking forward to making some changes to my fitness routine too.

I've come to the conclusion that it just isn't likely that I'll be in the gym 6 days a week like I first discussed with my personal trainer.  4 days a week of weights and a two of cardio never happened!  lol  I've decided that a more realistic goal for me is to perhaps do 3 days of weights and one day of cardio.  If I can squeeze in another day, it will be weights.  If I can do two additional days, it will be one extra day of weights and one extra day cardio.

My ideal workout plan would be 4 days of weights and two days of cardio.  It should be a little easier this fall because I have fewer commitments.  But then there's the holidays.  Wait, that should mean extra motivation right?  Well, we'll see.

So here's to trying!  It's the first step to making any progress.  If you've been reading this, hopefully you've learned something.  If you want to develop lean muscle mass, do what I did and focus on weight lifting.  If you barely exercise and you increase your days, you'll probably lose weight too.  If you want to focus on weight loss, do cardio.

We all know exercise is great for us.  We are designed for physical activity.  You know you'll love the results.  So just get up, and get going!  And if you need some support along the way, probably I do too so get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment