Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Injury strikes!

Heels will be the death of me.  Seriously, I've never been good at wearing heels so I don't know what I was thinking when I tried dancing in them... outside... on uneven ground.  And, as a reward I am sidelined with a sprained ankle.  Ouch!

Basically, a sprained ankle is an injury to the ligament or ligaments that support the ankle.  Mine seems pretty minor so likely I just have minor tears to the collagen fibers of the ligaments, which one or ones I'm not sure. 

What this means is that I'm stuck resting my ankle for as long as it takes.  So, at this point I'm kind of limited as to what exercise I can do.  The good news is, I still can exercise!

Since I can't do much standing or walking I'm going to shift my focus to my abs. The 30 day ab challenge was awesome and since finishing it, I've eased up on my ab workouts.  While I can't complete some of the exercises in the 30 day challenge, I've been looking for ones that I can do while my ankle is healing.

Once I'm able to walk around a little better I'll probably head to the gym and lift.  I can still work my upper body, core and back.  It's going to take a couple of weeks to regain full use of my ankle but hopefully I'll be back on track soon.  In the meantime, I'll do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment